Renovating your home for energy efficiency goes beyond weatherization. Although caulking windows and replacing doors can lower your energy bill, there are other steps you can take as part of a larger remodeling project. Consider these home improvements to save energy and increase comfort.
At Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc., we have the resources and experience to handle your home remodeling projects for an energy efficient home in East Central Indiana.
Smart Home Renovations that Save Money and Energy
Maximize the benefits of your energy efficient remodeling efforts. Take a whole house approach to prioritize which systems to upgrade or replace first.
- Appliances and electronics: If you’re remodeling your kitchen, look for Energy Star® appliances. Efficient appliances combined with a minimal usage strategy can save you money and reduce your energy consumption.
- Insulation and air sealing: This category includes ways to improve comfort while preventing wasted heating and cooling energy. Work with our knowledgeable experts to find and address air leaks, install insulation with high R-values, and look for additional ways to promote moisture control and ventilation.
- Lighting: You can replace incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs as part of your kitchen or bathroom upgrades. These lights provide the same illumination but use far less energy. You’ll also save money on your monthly electricity bill.
- Siding Installation: Insulated vinyl siding can help prevent air leaks that raise your heating and cooling bills and waste energy. Speak with one of our knowledgeable representatives regarding other siding materials that can produce a stylish exterior while conserving energy. Durable, insulated siding can protect your home for decades.
- Windows, doors, skylights: Replacing inefficient, outdated windows and doors gives your home’s curb appeal an instant boost. It can also help you save energy and increase the performance of your HVAC system. Check the efficiency rating of current windows, doors, and skylights to prioritize your upgrades. For example, insulated metal doors prevent air leakage efficiently and also increase the security of your home.
- Renewable energy systems: Consider installing solar panels or investing in other renewable energy systems to save money and protect the planet.
- Installing a new roof: Installing a new roof can protect your family and belongings as well as prevent energy loss that can increase your monthly utility bills. As part of our roofing services, we can replace cracked, broken, and missing shingles or replace your entire roof. We’ll look for damp areas that indicate water leaks and provide suggestions on ways to save energy with the right roofing materials.
Trust Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc. when it comes to home remodeling projects for an energy efficient home. Contact us today to incorporate energy savings in your home renovations.