Metal roofs are good in all weather conditions and give your home a unique look. However, they are more expensive than traditional shingle roofs to install. The overall value of your metal roof lies in its benefits. The roofing installation team at Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc. can walk you through the various metals used in these roofs. In the meantime, find out more about all the ways a metal roof adds convenience, beauty, and lasting utility to your home.
Benefits of Installing Metal Roofing
Metal roofs last longer and are easier to maintain than other roofing systems. Here are more great reasons to choose a metal roof:
- Long-lasting: Metal is much more durable than many roofing materials. When properly installed, these roofs last from 25 to 50 years. Copper and zinc roofs can outlive multiple generations of homeowners. Learn more about the types of metal roofs we install for customers in Indiana.
- Lightweight: Despite their durability, metal roofs are more lightweight than asphalt and other roofing materials. The lightweight, flexible nature of metal roof panels makes them easy to transport, carry up a ladder, and install. That means less downward weight straining the frame of your home.
- Easy To Install: The proportions and lightweight quality of metal roofs makes them easy to install, which can save you labor costs. Most sheets come in 12- to 36-inch panels that roofers can easily manipulate during installation.
- Lower Roof Pitch: Typically, metal roofs rise 3 inches for every 12 inches of horizontal length. A smaller pitch makes your roof safer and more accessible to inspectors and roofers.
- Snow and Rain Shedding: Deluge-level rainstorms and several feet of snow are no match for metal roofing. Manufacturers design metal panels to remain slippery and hard, making it easy to shed water or snow. Dark metal roofs melt snow rapidly and adding a protective coating helps your roof reflect more sunlight.
- Energy Efficiency: If you want to cut your monthly expenses, consider installing a metal roof. Materials with high reflectivity and emissivity save you the most money. Learn more about these important qualities:
- Reflectivity measures how well your roof bounces off UV rays, keeping your attic and whole home cooler.
- Emissivity measures how fast metal roofs cool down after removing heat. Metal roofs are cool to the touch as soon as the sun sets.
- Solar Friendly: Combine solar panels with metal roofing and save even more energy. It’s easy to install solar panel on metal roofs, which are 100% recyclable.
- Fire-Resistant: The fire resistance of metal roofing can prevent tragic loss of lives and property. Look for metal materials that are Assembly-Rated Class A, with materials that provide added fire protection. Also, metal roofs do NOT attract lightening as some people believe. We’ll be happy to procure fire-safe metal roofing materials to protect you and your home.
Find out more about the pros and cons of metal roofing installation.
Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc. installs several types of metal roofing. Contact us today to set up a free evaluation!