Vinyl siding and fiber cement siding are two popular cladding materials used to protect homes in Indiana. When deciding between these two unique options for your home’s exterior, consider the following factors:
- Aesthetics: Do you like the way it looks?
- Eco-friendliness: What is the durability and efficiency of each type of siding?
- Insulation: How well will it keep the heat and cold at bay?
- Cost: What is the most affordable option and what factors contribute to the value of fiber cement and vinyl siding?
Learn more about the benefits of fiber cement and vinyl siding and feel free to explore siding material choices offered by Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc.
What’s the Difference Between Vinyl and Fiber Cement Siding?
Fiber cement siding, made of Portland cement and wood pulp, attaches directly to your home in shingles or long panels. On the other hand, vinyl siding consists of PVC and requires flexible attachment devices that allow the siding to contract and expand, depending on the weather.
Benefits of Installing Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding is a beautiful and economical way to protect your home. It comes in numerous styles, some of which mimic wood, stone, and other materials. Here are some of the other advantages of choosing durable vinyl siding:
- Tough: Fade-resistant, scratch-resistant, and weather-resistant vinyl siding has interlocking panels that keep it firmly in place.
- High Value: This cost-effective material has lasting value due to is longevity and low-maintenance nature. You will not have to worry about replacement panels, bugs, or leaks as long as it’s properly installed by experienced professionals.
- Maintenance-free: Forget about scraping and repainting for a fresh look. You won’t have to touch up fade-resistant vinyl siding. Just hose off any accumulated dirt and debris.
- Energy efficient: Choose vinyl siding with an efficient R-value (2.8 or better) to reduce cooling and heating costs.
- Certified green: Many vinyl siding products are “green approved” by the National Association of Home Builders.
Looking for flawless siding installation in Indiana? Talk to us at Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc.
Benefits of Installing Fiber Cement Siding
Did you know that fiber cement siding is ideal for tornado-prone areas, such as East Central Indiana? The inherent strength makes this siding impact-resistant.
Here are some more pros when it comes to installing fiber cement siding:
- Lasts Up to 50 Years: Fiber cement is made of wood fiber, cement, and other materials that make it virtually impervious to wear and tear, insects, and bad weather.
- Versatile Styles: Fiber cement can closely mimic stucco, wood grain, and other materials. As such, you can get the look you want without the added maintenance and care.
- Multiple Installation Options: This siding comes in various textures and colors. Additionally, you can choose unique shapes for the fiber cement boards used to protect your home. Some of the different styles include shaker, shingles, and panels. You can even mix and match these textures and styles for a truly unique home siding.
- Resistant to Warping: Although fiber cement looks like wood, it doesn’t have the related downsides. It won’t attract pests or rot. Additionally, the siding won’t absorb moisture from snow, sleet, and rain.
Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc. installs several types of siding, including vinyl and fiber cement siding. Contact us today for assistance so you can choose the option that best meets your preferences.