If you’re already renovating your home, take a moment to consider all the possibilities for enhancing the exterior as well. Expanding or redoing your front porch can give your home a stunning makeover. Whether you want more room to entertain or need to transform your porch into additional living space, we can help you make it happen. ACE Construction & Remodeling, Inc. can handle the nuts and bolts of your home makeover, including siding installation and roof replacements that can make your porch remodel even more appealing.
Porch Remodeling Ideas
Whether you have a carport, open patio, or covered porch, there are many ways to improve the functionality of the space, including the following:
- Move from stoop to porch: Stoops provide just enough space to fold your umbrella before stepping out of the rain. There are many ways to expand your stoop into a porch with room for seating where you can watch the rain fall without getting wet. For example, we can deepen your front stoop and lengthen it enough for swings or outdoor seating. You can even expand it to match the length of your home for a cohesive look.
- Incorporate architectural features: Some older porches have low roofs that obscure your view or create unsightly lines. A flatter roofline creates clean lines that enhance your home’s curb appeal. Adding columns and shutters changes the face of your property, giving it a polished, high-end look.
- Update the flooring: Concrete and tile last longer than wood and can give your porch a fresh, modern look. You can also replace your wood flooring to maintain a traditional or rustic look that’s easy to paint in the color of your choice.
- Close it in, gain square footage: If you want to host large family gatherings year-round, consider enclosing your porch. Large, wraparound porches transform easily into dining areas and outdoor living space for friends and family to enjoy.
- Move your AC: Is your HVAC unit taking up valuable real estate at the front of your home? As part of your remodel, consider moving it to the side or back of your property. This gives you more space to make porch improvements, such as adding storage cabinets or built-in benches.
- Open it up: If you want to replace your porch with an open courtyard, lose the roof, plant flowers, and add new seating areas where you can enjoy a chat under the stars. An accompanying pergola or cabana provides shade or shelter, easing the transition between indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Install new gutters: Why leave your old, damaged, and clogged gutters in place? This affordable step completes the look and improves the functionality of your home’s exterior.
For more ideas on renovating your front porch, feel free to speak with one of our team members.
Consider a front porch makeover when renovating your house to maximize your return on investment. ACE Construction & Remodeling, Inc. can handle your outdoor add-ons, expansions, and transformations. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and get a free quote.