According to data from Energy.gov, the average consumer can reduce energy use by 5%-30% by making improvements to their home. Adding siding to your home can reduce the extent of escaping heating and cooling energy, saving you money and protecting the environment.
When you need the best siding contractor in Indiana, Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc. has a wide selection of materials and styles to choose from. We also have the experience and knowledge to recommend the best material for your home in Madison County, Delaware County, or Hamilton County, IN.
What is the Most Energy Efficient Siding Material?
Adding cladding to the side of your home makes it look better on the outside and feel better inside. Although siding isn’t as efficient as brick in keeping in the hot or cold air, it can help keep your energy costs in check while giving you greater control over your home’s comfort.
Let’s compare some of the more common types of siding to see which one might suit your family’s needs the best:
- Wood siding gives your home a rustic look and is made from natural materials. You’ll want to treat it to avoid warping, rotting, and damage. This type of siding has an R-value of R-1, which is relatively low.
- Aluminum siding comes in numerous styles, including seamless cladding. Choose this type of siding if you want to maximize efficiency, keep out pests, and avoid leaking hot or cold air from your home. Recyclable aluminum siding paired with insulation is a lightweight construction material that can increase the energy efficiency of your home. Additionally, it will not rust and can last up to 40 years.
- Fiber cement siding is made from cement, wood fibers, and resin. It’s durable, biodegradable, and gives you the look of wood without the maintenance requirements. Additionally, this low-maintenance option has great curb appeal and costs less than wood siding.
- Insulated vinyl siding is extremely popular in Indiana. You can recycle it, and it’s more affordable than wood. High-quality insulated vinyl siding has a high R-value to help you maximize the efficiency of your home.
- Brick siding has been in use to insulate homes for thousands of years. It’s incredibly durable and the most energy-efficient option when properly installed. Although brick siding costs more than other options, many homeowners choose it for its traditional appeal and value.
Learn more about the different types of siding on our blog.
Ace Construction & Remodeling, Inc. Offers a Variety of Siding Materials & Styles
Many people envision vinyl siding when the subject comes up. However, although this is an affordable and popular option, it’s not your only choice. As an industry-leading siding contractor in Indiana, we offer cedar shake siding, fiber cement siding, wood siding, composite siding, and brick siding, among other options. We partner with quality brands such as the following:
- Diamond Kote
- James Hardie
As a siding contractor with a comprehensive portfolio, we also perform repairs on your existing siding.
Are you looking for a reliable siding contractor in Indiana? Feel free to request an online quote, or you can call us directly at 765-644-6030 or 765-282-6030. Our service areas include Delaware County, Hamilton County, or Madison County, Indiana.